Living Plus is the service within MASH Trust which provides day activity programs for people with an intellectual disability.
We believe that:
People with disabilities have the right to full community participation and inclusion.
All people have the ability to learn and develop across their lifetime.
Every person can fulfil a valued role in society.
Services should be built around and be responsive to the individuals need.
Living Plus service aims are:
- To strengthen the person's sense of self worth;
- To strengthen the person's positive social relationships with others;
- To ensure everyone has meaningful input into their programme;
- To enhance the person's decision and choice making skills;
- To support people to carry out activity and community skills as independently as possible;
- To facilitate people's positive and valued contribution to society;
All service users have a key support worker to ensure that the person's needs and preference form the basis of their Day Activity Service Plan and that the person and their family/whanau are consulted in the development of the plan.
Living Plus provides a range of activities at the four service bases and within the wider community. These include, but are not limited to:
Recreational Leisure/ Creativity;
art & crafts
music movement and drama
out and about in the community
- ten pin bowling
- multi sensory experiences
- relaxation and massage
- activities which promote community, peer and family/whanau interaction
- animal therapy
- riding for the Disabled
Daily Living Skills:
- health and beauty
- domestic and personal management skill training
Education and Learning:
- community safety and orientation
- work and employment related activities
Exercise and Fitness:
- sit and get fit
- planned walking
- movement to music
Activities are usually based around the individual's personal preferences and take place in small groups and with one-on-one support where required.
Living Plus Contact Details:
Service Manager - Brennan Gracie (027) 258 9428 email - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Leader - Jeannette Watkins at 591 Main Street, PN P: (06) 351 6915 M (027) 458 6100 email@example.com
Team Leader Levin - Tracey Swan at 5 Prouse Street, Levin P: (06) 368 6294 firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Leader Lower Hutt - Jo Hockley at 11 Dudley Street, Lower Hutt P: (04) 974 8549 email@example.com
Programme Co-ordinator Kapiti - Phillippa Betts at 5 Sheffield Street, Paraparaumu P: (04) 297 3152 firstname.lastname@example.org