Physical and Intellectual Disability Services

Physical Disability Service

Residential Supported Accommodation for people with physical disabilities 

MASH Trust is a provider of supported accommodation for people with physical disabilities in the Manawatu and Wellington areas.

  • The houses are in urban settings and are fully wheelchair accessible;
  • The houses are staffed twenty four hours a day, seven days a week;
  • staff that are trained and highly skilled in community support work.;
  • referrals are accepted for people aged between 15 and 65 years

How to access Supported Accommodation:
Access is through Supportlinks and LIFE Unlimited;

  • undertake needs assessments;
  • advise on eligibility for funding; and
  • provide service coordination.   


    • Supportlinks (0800) 221-411 in the Manawatu or
    • LIFE Unlimited (04) 569-3102 in Wellington. 

Intellectual Disability Service

What is the Residential Intellectual Disability Service?
The Intellectual Disability Service welcomes those in the Manawatu, Horowhenua and Hawkes Bay areas. The Service has been developed to support people who have an intellectual disability to lead a great life in a home with twenty four hours a day, seven days a week staffing. All our Consumers are well cared for and supported by experienced staff.

As a service we believe in: 

  • valuing people as the unique individuals they are - our support is based on the principles of Person Centred Planning;
  • ensuring people feel happy and good about themselves;
  • acknowledging that each person is an individual with their own needs and strengths;
  • strong links with family/whanau;
  • strong links with specialist services and the persons' personal network.

How can we help?

Many people live in the community with family who need support. We have many homes where people with a disability are supported to live ordinary lives. We encourage independence, community participation, individual passions and hobbies. Our service aims to support people with all aspects of care, adapting support as the needs of the consumer changes.

How do you get into the Service?
Entry is through your Needs Assessment and Service Co-ordination Agency.

You can self refer or ask your GP to refer you.

We would be very happy to talk you through the process if that is helpful.

Any further questions?...please phone us.
We will be very happy to show you our services and introduce you to our staff so you can view how we support people and convey our values.

In this section...